How to care for textured hair
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner: Sulfates can strip the hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry and prone to breakage. Look for sulfate-free products that are specifically formulated for textured hair.
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling can cause damage to textured hair, which is often more fragile than straight hair. If you must use heat, be sure to use a heat protectant spray and keep the heat setting low.
- Avoid tight hairstyles: Tight hairstyles, such as ponytails and buns, can pull on the hair and lead to breakage. Instead, opt for looser styles that allow your hair to move naturally.
- Use a wide-tooth comb: A wide-tooth comb is gentle on textured hair and helps to minimize tangles and breakage. Avoid using a brush, which can be harsh on textured hair.
- Deep condition regularly: Textured hair tends to be dryer than straight hair, so it’s important to use a deep conditioner regularly to keep it moisturized. Look for a conditioner that is formulated for textured hair and use it at least once a week.
- Trim regularly: Regular trims help to remove split ends and keep your hair looking healthy. Aim to get a trim every 6-8 weeks to keep your hair in good condition.
Visit Live True London Soho | 020 4531 4743 or our other salons:
Live True London Clapham Salon | 020 7627 0169
Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon | 020 7582 6312
Live True London Brixton Salon | 020 7924 9506