Colouring textured hair
Colouring textured hair can be a great way to add dimension and interest to your look, but it’s important to take a few extra precautions to protect your hair’s health. Here are some tips:
- Choose a colourist who is experienced with textured hair: Textured hair can be more fragile than straight hair, so it’s important to choose a colourist who is familiar with the unique challenges of colouring this type of hair.
- Use a protein treatment before colouring: A protein treatment can help to strengthen your hair and make it more resistant to damage from colouring. This is especially important if your hair is already damaged or dry.
- Avoid using heat: Heat can damage textured hair, so try to avoid using hot tools like hair dryers or straighteners after colouring. Let your hair air dry or use a cool setting on your hair dryer instead.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner: Sulfates can strip the colour from your hair, so it’s important to use sulfate-free products after colouring to help the colour last longer.
- Avoid washing your hair too often: Over-washing can strip the colour from your hair, so try to limit washing to a few times a week and use a dry shampoo in between washes.
By following these tips, you can help to protect your textured hair and keep it looking healthy and vibrant after colouring.
Book in for your hair appointment today and don’t forget to add FUL London’s Intense Moisture Hair Mask to keep your hair looking healthy!
Visit Live True London Soho | 020 4531 4743 or our other salons:
Live True London Clapham Salon | 020 7627 0169
Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon | 020 7582 6312
Live True London Brixton Salon | 020 7924 9506