5 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR HAIR HEALTHY DURING THE LOCKDOWN
During a lockdown, it’s easy to get stuck in a routine of poor haircare and think, “who’s going to see me anyway?” But in reality, a lockdown is the perfect time to brush up on your haircare skills and use your spare time to really focus on making some meaningful improvements.
Here, you’ll find 5 ways to keep your hair healthy at home during the lockdown.
Hair by Lorena at the Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
1. Coconut oil – this has been used by many to treat dry hair and skin alike. Coat the hair with a generous amount of coconut oil and wrap it with cling film. You can do this at night and sleep with it to provide a strong moisturising treatment – just make sure the cling is wrapped properly! Wash thoroughly in the morning and feel the improvement.
Hair by Irene at the Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
2. Avocado oil – this oil is extremely rich in oleic acid and mono-unsaturated fats; this property will help penetrate the hair shaft and will give the hair the moisture it needs. With avocado being full of good fats, it will also prevent split ends and breakage. Use avocado oil on dry hair – soak the hair with the oil and leave it 15-30 min, you can then rinse it and shampoo as normal.
Hair by Paco at the Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
3. Sunflower oil – sunflower oil will help fight free radicals and as its rich in antioxidants, it will act as a barrier and will keep your hair colour in for longer. As it is easily absorbed by the hair, it will also give a little dose of extra shine. You can rub some drops in your hands and apply on your hair after styling and leave it on.
Hair by Martina at the Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
4. Nutrition – what you eat can have an impact on your hair. Eating a healthy, balanced diet will improve your general strength and well-being. Meanwhile, drinking plenty of water will improve your hair quality by keeping hydration levels high and helping with elasticity and resistance.
Hair by Yeison at the Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
5. Include Vitamins – vitamins help the body produce the necessary allies for your hair – be sure to look for vitamins A, C, and B6. These will improve collagen levels to prevent breakage, produce necessary sebum to hydrate the hair shaft and fight free radicals to keep the colour looking fresh.
If you would like more hair advice, email [email protected] to set up your free 15 minute video consultation with one of our experts.
To get on our priority booking list for when the salons reopen, register your interest by clicking here.
Live True London Clapham Salon | 020 7627 0169
Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon | 020 7582 6312
Live True London Brixton Salon | 020 7924 9506