Curling straight hair guide
- Wash and dry your hair: Start by washing and drying your hair as you normally would. If your hair is particularly straight or difficult to curl, you may want to use a volumizing mousse or styling spray to help add some texture.
- Divide your hair into sections: To make curling your hair easier, divide it into sections using clips or hair ties. This will help you to curl your hair more evenly and efficiently.
- Choose your curling tool: There are many different tools you can use to curl your hair, including a curling iron, hot rollers, or a hair wand. Choose the tool that you feel most comfortable using and that will give you the type of curls you want.
- Heat up your curling tool: Follow the instructions for your chosen curling tool to heat it up. Be sure to use a heat protectant spray to help protect your hair from heat damage.
- Start curling: Take one of the sections of hair and begin curling it around the curling tool. Be sure to hold the hair in place for a few seconds to allow the curl to set. Repeat this process on all of the sections of hair until your entire head is curled.
- Set the curls: Once you have curled all of your hair, you can use hairspray or a curl-holding product to help set the curls in place. You can also scrunch your curls gently with your hands to help give them more definition.
- Style as desired: Once your curls have cooled, you can style your hair as desired. You can leave the curls loose and natural, or you can use a brush or comb to create a more polished look.
By following these steps, curling straight hair should become easier and you should be able to curl your straight hair to achieve the look you want.
Visit Live True London Soho | 020 4531 4743 or our other salons:
Live True London Clapham Salon | 020 7627 0169
Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon | 020 7582 6312
Live True London Brixton Salon | 020 7924 9506