Your personal style can be expressed in so many different ways, and one way is through your nails. With the many creative colours and designs that you have to choose from these days, making a statement is easier than ever. However, if you want your nails to really stand out, make sure they’re as healthy as possible. There are tons of quick and easy nailcare hacks that can give you the strong and long nails you wish for.
Today, we’re sharing 5 tips to maintaining healthy nails:
Nails by Marta at Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
1. Use acetone-free polish remover – when removing your nail polish, it’s a good idea to use acetone-free nail polish remover. This is because acetone consists of strong solvents that can strip away the natural oils you have in your fingernails. This can cause brittle and dry nails as well as irritate the skin around your cuticles.
2. Moisturise your cuticles – speaking of cuticles, be sure to keep them moisturised using an almond based cuticle oil. Also, to avoid damaging them, be sure that you don’t cut them back too far when trimming.
Manicure by Marta at Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
3. Wear gloves – when washing up, be careful not to overexpose your nails to hot soapy water. Doing this too often can dry out your nails and weaken them. To avoid this, wear a quality pair of gloves while you wash.
4. Use a biotin supplement – studies suggest that if you’ve got brittle nails that are prone to breakage and peeling, you could have a biotin deficiency. Try adding this vitamin to your diet for stronger nails.
5. Prevent nail infection – nail infections happen as a result of fungus entering dry, brittle, or cracked nails, so keep them healthy. Common signs of infection include puffy, red, and irritated skin around your nail bed.
To book your manicure appointment or to arrange a free consultation, click here or call our Vauxhall and Nine Elms salon on 020 7582 6312.