5 DIETARY MISTAKES THAT WILL HARM YOUR HAIR
You already know that regular exercise and a healthy diet keeps your body in great shape, but did you know it can affect your hair too? What we put in our bodies has an impact on our hair’s health.
If you want to maintain your lovely locks or improve their health, find out how making some little changes to what you eat can make a big difference.
Live True London have already done the work for you. Here, they share 5 dietary mistakes that’ll harm your hair.
Hair by Ludo at the Live True London Clapham Salon
1. Lack of protein in your diet – if you don’t eat meat or are dairy free, you may need to make sure you find alternative ways to up the protein in your diet. Look for protein-rich soya milk and yogurt and tofu.
2. Not enough omega-3 and omega-6 – you may not be a big fan of oily fish but the omega they contain is great for promoting healthy hair growth. Consider picking up a supplement from your local health food store or eating more salmon, mackerel or herring.
Hair by Yeison at the Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon
3. Eating too much processed sugar – too much sugar can have an adverse effect on the hair follicles, thanks to an increase in the body’s blood glucose levels. Treats are fine but try and cut down your daily intake.
4. Too much vitamin A – while this vitamin is essential for your vision, too much can make hair weaker and thinner in the long term. Other signs of vitamin A toxicity include dry skin/eyes, nausea, and diarrhoea. But don’t completely skip out on vitamin A, as a deficiency can lead to dry, brittle hair.
5. Not enough zinc and iron – make sure your diet includes enough of both of these for good hair growth and health. Found in seafood, meat and beans.
Live True London Clapham Salon | 020 7627 0169
Live True London Vauxhall and Nine Elms Salon | 020 7582 6312
Live True London Brixton Salon | 020 7924 9506